Request a Consultation

Due to the Covid-19 emergency, our office is offering telephone consultations and zoom conferencing.

Elder Law

Are you, your spouse or your parents in need of long term care? Did you know that Medicare does NOT pay for long term care?  These services must be paid for by you or, if you qualify, by Medicaid which is administered in Massachusetts by MassHealth.

How will you pay for long term care?  If you have long term care insurance it may pay for some or all of your long term care costs depending on your coverage. If you don’t have long term care insurance or your coverage is inadequate, you will most likely have to depend on MassHealth to pay for long term care. 

Many seniors don’t like the idea of depending on MassHealth or assume that they will not qualify. MassHealth for long term care is NOT the same program as MassHealth for basic health insurance. You’ve worked hard all your life and using your assets to pay for long term care is not a good option.  Many folks can and do qualify for MassHealth to assist with long term care, the cost of which averages $144,180 per year for 2019 in Massachusetts!

Applying for MassHealth is complicated.  Although nursing homes can apply for you on your behalf, they cannot offer you legal advice and you may end up losing some or all of your hard-earned assets.  Don’t let this happen to you when there are many wonderful elder law attorneys ready to assist you with your MassHealth application.

Let me help you navigate the MassHealth application process so that your long term care costs are taken care of while your nest egg is protected for your spouse or your children and grandchildren.  

Elder Law Services:

  • Applying for MassHealth for long term care.
  • Drafting the following Estate Plan documents: (1) Power of Attorney; (2) Advance Directive; (3) Health Care Proxy; (4) HIPPA Release;  (5) Electronic Information Release; (6) Deed {with a reserved Life Estate}; (7) Homestead Declaration; (8) Last Will and Testament; (9)  Virtual Assent Instruction Letter; (10) Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts. 
  • Medicaid Annuities. - (Krause Financial Services   website)
  • Medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (MOLST). 
  • Consultation with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) of your choice or, if you prefer, a CFP or CPA that I have worked with.


For more information or to schedule a consultation, please use the form below.

Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form."